The vision of legacy community church is to see people of all racial backgrounds transformed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ through preaching, teaching, discipleship and fellowship.
Legacy Community church exists to glorify God by reaching out to our community and to the world at large by helping the people of God create a lasting legacy of love, hope community and global missions.
“Creating a Legacy of Love and Hope”
It speaks of both a history (the story of God), the present (our Story with God), and the future (What will our Legacy be in the story) – what lines in the story will be written about this community of faith and how will it affect the future Generation’s story with God).
- Creating a Legacy of Love
- Creating a Legacy of Hope
- Creating a Legacy of Community
- Creating a Legacy of Global Missions
The Legacy Difference
Legacy will E.M.E.R.G.E. from beyond her walls to make a difference in the world. We live in perilous times and believe that Legacy should minister to the greatest problems in our world today. We plan to reach out to our community and to the world at large in the following areas:
M eeting felt Needs
E ducational Partnership
R acial Reconciliation
G lobal Missions
E conomic Empowerment
The following is a list of principles that will shape the practices and decisions of Legacy Christian Church. Please note the term “core” as it indicates a list of what we consider essential principles that will shape what we do.
- World-Wide Impact through Evangelization (Mk. 10:44-45)
- Discipleship (Mt. 28:18-20)
- Multi-cultural diversity (Gal.3:29; Col.3:11; Rev. 7:9-10)
- Headship of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23)
- Biblical Authority (2 Tim. 3:16)
- Genuine Community (Eph. 4:13 & 1 Cor. 12)
- Prayer (Luke 18:1 & Phi. 4:19-20)
- Authentic Praise & Worship (Jn. 4:22)
- Excellence (1 Cor. 10:31)
- Gift-Based Ministry (1 Cor. 12, Rom. 12, & Eph. 4)