Saturday, May 5, 2018 – Mental Health Conference
9:30am – 2:30pm
Sponsored by Legacy Community Church
Dionne Jenkins, Conference Promoter – for questions email/call email@example.com (256) 458-0766
The purpose of this conference is to break the silence, dispel the myths and promote awareness of mental health and trauma crisis in the church and community at large.
We hope to continue make a difference even after this Conference for individual and the church alike.. 1) We hope to Promote interest amongst other Pastors and church Leaders of Mental health Challenges, 2) Conduct educational seminars to train church leaders on Mental Health First Aid to handle Trauma Crisis, 3)Promote Annual Mental Health and Ministry Conferences targeting larger audiences.
According to an article in PreachingToday.com (August 2013), Amy Simpson shares some Stats about Mental Illness and the Church…
- Nearly half (44.5 Percent) of church leaders are approached two to five times per year for help in dealing with mental illness.
- When church people are on medication or diagnosed with a mental illness, over a third of church people keep the matter very private.
- About three out of ten (29.1 percent) said that, on average, mental illness is never mentioned in sermons at their church.
- More than 40 percent of church leaders have never reached out to and ministered to a family within their congregation with someone who has mental illness.
9:30 am Registration/Coffee and Pastries
10:00am Conference Begins
Prayer, Song, Introduction
10:15am Panel Discussion
- 3 ministers/pastors
- 3 Mental Health professionals- Licensed Clinicians/Spiritual counselors
Moderator propose questions and Audience Ask Questions
11:45am Lunch Provided
12:45pm Breakout Workshops
1:45pm Final Speaker – Bridging it all together
Last Words /Evaluation
2:30 PM – Conference Ends
This Conference is open to the public and free for all to attend.
Seats are limited so we urge you to register in advance.
Registration at EventBrite:
WE WELCOME CHURCH & COMMUNITY LEADERS, CARETAKERS, AND ANYONE WHO WANTS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH!
THE SHAME IS BROKEN… LET THE HEALING BEGINS!